Monday, April 21, 2008

Mondays

For some odd reasons, Mondays seem to be the day to get multiple errands done. You think if you get them done on Mondays, the rest of the week will be free so you can write. How come it never works out that way?

My office is already so hot that I can barely work in it, but the handyman will be here tomorrow. Hopefully, he'll be able to set my AC up and get the deck ready for play-time. Maybe, he can even put up the screen house we have. If he can, then I can enjoy the outside without all the bugs. Wasps are having a field day this year and are out earlier than ever.....many more than all last year put together.

This afternoon, I'm off to Bennington, VT. I have a doc's appointment, then a meeting with the gal who does framing. The appointment is so late in the afternoon that it seems to kill the whole day.

Today, I wanted to work on the "finding the box" scene in Vengeance Is Mine. I have to have the heroine trying to load a fractious two-year-old thoroughbred on a two-horse trailer. I know it's often not an easy thing to do, so I will make it particularly hard for her. . .need to have her too busy to pay attention to the box and where it's going. Then the last scene in the first chapter--in her dad's attorney's office, for what might be a shocker for her. I hope to end the chapter with that.

No comments: