Friday, April 18, 2008

Meetings

The Cambridge Fiction Writers met today. We conducted our meeting outside on the deck. The weather was too beautiful to be indoors. We only had two folks that shared their work, but the feedback was fascinating. We're getting away from line by line critiques. I get the feeling that we're all becoming better writers, noticing more about the craft and giving better feedback. It sure feels good.

Tomorrow, the Saratoga Romance Writers meet. One of the gals and I drive over to Saratoga together and get a wonderful chance to chat. The meetings there are a bit different. I think the gals there are quieter about giving feedback. Nevertheless, I still learn something new.

I've written the Memorial Service scene and have pretty much decided what scenes can be cut from the first chapter. Tomorrow, I'll write some more..........

No comments: