Thursday, April 17, 2008

A bit more

I finally got the Memorial Scene onto my Alphie and am about to put it on my computer. I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm writing my first draft by hand (in pencil or pen, whichever comes first and is available), then I'm copying it onto my AlphaSmart and then relaying it onto the computer.

I've lost track of my Book in a Month work, but I felt it was crucial and it gave me ideas, that I think I'll go back to it. I'm going to start all over again, instead of just trying to restart from where I left off.

I also did the scene between the cop and Ayden--but I don't know how much of it I'm going to keep. In fact, I don't know how much of any scene I'm going to keep in the novel--or whether I'll keep a scene in. I guess I have to write in a linear fashion so I know where I am and where I'm going for any given moment. Not all the scenes I write are necessary to the story. Much of some of them can be put elsewhere--so my main claim is: I have to finish the first draft of what has become an entirely new book, a new Vengeance Is Mine.

No comments: