Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Website Day

Although I printed out Chapter Two, Scenes 3 and 4 of Saratoga Winter 1865, I decided to work on learning more about doing my own website. I'll do some reworking of the scene after I watch American Idol tonight, but, in the meantime, I'm reading a book on how to do a website in Front Page, which is no longer on the market.

I spent a good deal of the afternoon trying to get another copy of the program, since I can't find my original disk. I called Microsoft (in the Phillipines) four times and now have more Microsoft numbers than I can possibly use. Front Page is kaput. They now have a new program called Expression Web. Since I can't do the easy one yet, I'll be dipped before I spend money on another program. I then went to Amazon, E-Bay and several different stores but no one seems to have copies of the entire program. They sure do have a lot of books on it, but I already have three.

Nevertheless, I am reading up a storm and understanding a bit more each time I read. Tomorrow, I'll get back to the novel and work on the scene so I'll have something ready for the Cambridge Writers' Fiction group. They give such good feedback that I can't afford not to have something ready for them.

No comments: