Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nephew visit

My nephew Ned Lochaya came to vist for the Memorial Day weekend. He's kinda' of a funny energetic guy. He really helped me this time. We went to a friend's house, dug up a bevy of tiger lily plants and planted them in the hardest ground in my whole yard. It was a daunting task, but we did it. Ned, of course, did most of it.

I helped a bit, but since I can't get onto my knees, my nephew had to do most of it. There we were, digging, planting, watering. And in the midst of it, he decided we needed to put grass seed down where the builders had left big spaces of dirt...so he did that too. Since our ground is so hard, I'm just hoping that the grass comes up.

Naturally, I didn't get a bit of work done over the holiday. Nada, Zip, Zilch. He goes back today, so I'll work like the devil tomorrow.

No comments: