Sunday, May 18, 2008

Clan Gunn

I've been thinking over ideas for the sequel to Clan Gunn: Gerek I watch all the historical news of Scotland and came across this just today.

"May 29 1630 - King Charles II born.
May 29 1660 - King Charles II returned to England. Royal Oak Day."

Now, my sequel is going to take place during 1650-51. So now I know that in 1650, Charles II was twenty years old, and I will take that into consideration. I wonder what my Baen Gunn had to do with Charles and if it was something I could use in the book. It's fun thinking about things......

Yesterday, I spent from noon until seven watching the Preakness. I was thrilled to see Big Brown win--and by such a length. Now, I'm looking forward to the Belmont which takes place in three weeks. I'll be rooting like crazy.

No comments: