Monday, June 9, 2008

The Belmont

When Big Brown didn't win the Belmont and become the first Triple Crown winner in 30 years, I was devastated. For the first time in a long time, I was quiet, depressed and out of sorts. I'm still not over it.

I'm reading all the BLOOD HORSE magazine news now by email (magazine itself coming later) and there seems to be controversy over Big Brown being "pulled up." I sort of wondered about that myself, but thought that the horse might have gone lame. So far, nothing seems wrong with his health. I'm still watching the news to hear more about the problem(s).

Right now, my problem seems to be the heat. I don't do well in such hot weather. In fact, once it gets over 80 degrees, I rush to a cool air-conditioned room. I probably won't be writing much today.......maybe I'll work on the laptop, in the house instead of the office. The house AC is better.

I spoke with my publisher and she wants the manuscript as quickly as she can get it. I'm only up to page 61--but it's coming.

No comments: